Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Things Not to Do In Manila

1) Anything illegal

...actually that about covers it. This comes, thankfully, not from personal experience, but from the fact that I have eyes. You don't have to get hit by a bus to know that it's gonna hurt.

The first thing I noticed upon my arrival in the Philippines was the ammount of security guards everywhere. I dismissed it at first, because I was in the international airport, where heavy security is to be expected. But it wasn't just in the airport. Every single street corner, I realized, had an armed guard, anywhere you went, revolver dangling jauntily from his waist. Gas station guards weilded pump shotguns. Bank guards, AR15 semiautomatic machine guns.


Filipino police don't mess around. Neither will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment