Monday, December 22, 2008

One-way.

There's no going back.

I just bought my ticket to Australia, so it's officially official. I leave the Raleigh-Durham Airport at 0615 on Monday, 02 February 2009 and arrive at Los Angeles International shortly after noon the same day, following a brief stopover in Denver. At 2230 PST I'll depart LAX for Sydney, Australia... in a stroke of absolute awesomeness, my flight makes a lengthy layover in Fiji. (Who hasn't always wanted to visit Fiji?) Finally on 4 February I'll arrive in Australia.

February 2 is going to be helacious. The superbowl is the evening before, and if the Carolina Panthers make it I'm going to be up watching it, then sleeping for an hour (if I can even manage that, with all the excitement) and then driving to Raleigh to make my flight. My sleep cycle is going to be completely jacked. I'll have ten hours to kill in LAX so I'll probably try to sleep. Try to.



One way. There's something incredibly scary, yet absolutely exhilarating about that. Eleven months of careful planning and preparation have begun to culminate: dream has become stark, irreversable reality. Pedal, meet metal. Metal, meet road.

No comments:

Post a Comment